"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16

"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked." Psalm 82:3-4

"Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?" Proverbs 24:11-12

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all those who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9



Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ideas, Anyone?

Apart from my writings and many musings, I've done very little in the realm of real action to affect a change in the way people view the practice and results of abortion. I would imagine the goal of every abolitionist to be centered around the wish to make abortion a completely unthinkable evil. I desire to confront those around me with such a strong case for truth that they would be loathed to even consider abortion as a viable option. This goal seems exceedingly and entirely out of reach, but as they say, "Faint heart never won fair lady," or in my case,"Faint heart never affected abolition." 

Whether or not we see results, the Christian should strive to bring an end to abortion because it is an inferred command of God. To, "Rescue those who are being lead to the slaughter," (Proverbs 23) is no small task, and will require an unceasing amount of effort by a countless multitude of believers. A strong band of brothers with the Bible as our guide and the Lord of Hosts as our General will, I am persuaded, affect much positive change. Although the world may hate us and all of our efforts, there are those few who will, by God's grace, listen and be saved from blood guilt. May God grant us victory to overcome the hardness of men's hearts through the bold and loving proclamation of the truth. 

All of our most ardent efforts will be fruitless unless fully bathed in unceasing prayers of supplication. Striving without the help of God would most definitely be a loosing battle. I write the above to remind myself. Oftentimes I research and write about abortion without first praying that God would bless my efforts with fruit to the glory of His name. I find that I am far too concerned with the glory of my own name. I often fill my mind with many sugared thoughts, hopeful to receive the praise of others. Oh how nice it would be to focus on the essentials: the glory of God and the salvation of the unborn, both in body and soul. How lovely it would be to be absent of sin! 

I hope that my writings and wonderings are not in vain. There must be something else that can be done ... that MUST be done. I long to be admitted into the high schools in my area, especially in my home town, so that I might be able to present the reality of abortion to the young men and women in attendance. Many of the young girls, as well as their boyfriends, will doubtless come face to face with the prospect of abortion in their adolescent years. This is an unmistakable result of teenage sexual activity. I  so wish these young women to be well aware and responsible. I desire to expel ignorance, making absolutely certain that no one in my acquaintance will ever be allowed the excuse of believing that the fetus is simply a mass of cells or a simple blob of nothingness. One can easily abort nothingness without any regret. But the truth speaks for itself. and hard consequences result when one chooses to believe a lie.

So, for now I'm left to write and muse ... wondering what I can do to better leave an impression of truth in the minds of my friends and family. I should be quick to take my own advise and pray. I'm sure God will provide me with some stellar ideas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment